I am a licensed marriage and family therapist with specialization in depression, anxiety, LGBTQ, trauma, parent-child conflicts, and family conflict. My main theoretical approaches are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Strength Based, Person Centered, and Psychodynamics/Psychoanalysis. I currently provide family therapy, individual counseling, and couples counseling in Anaheim and Ontario, CA.
I am certified in Trauma Focused-CBT, Incredible Dina Years, and have used Managing and Adapting Practice (MAP) in my therapy sessions. I have implemented Attachment-Based Family Therapy (ABFT) to families with adolescents who have attachment issues with their parents/caregivers. I am a bilingual Spanish-Speaking Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Espanol es mi lenguage de nacimiento. I am skilled in providing culturally competent care for ethnically diverse populations. I work through the lens of hearing your story both verbally and through a supportive tone with my clients. I work well with clients who are willing to experience a little discomfort in order to reach a more balanced place in their lives.
- School: University of Phoenix, Pasadena, CA.
- Degree: Master of Science in Counseling Marriage, Family and Child Therapy.
- Year Graduated: March 2013
- License No. and State: Licensed and Marriage and Family Therapist 114136
- Specialties: Family conflict · Depression · Anxiety · Parenting · Trauma
- Issues: Anger Management · Anxiety · Codependency · Divorce · Relationship Issues · Family Conflict · Infidelity · Parenting · Relationship Issues · Self-esteem · Gay/Lesbian/Transgender · Trauma and PTSD · Depression · Stress · Grief · Life Transitions
- Sexuality: Bisexual · Gay · Lesbian
- Client Focus/Ethnicity: Caucasian, Hispanic, African American, and Latino
- Alternative Languages: Spanish
- Ages: Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13) · Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) · Adults · Elders (65+)
Treatment Orientation: Cognitive Behavioral (CBT) · Family Systems · Attachment Based Therapy · Person-Centered · Psychoanalytic
Psychodynamic · Motivational Interviewing · Family/Marital · Solution Focused